Best Colleges in Kentucky
Individuals of all backgrounds are increasingly pursuing higher education due to the importance of advanced certificates and degrees to long-term professional success. The National Center for Education Statistics projects that the undergraduate student population in the U.S. will grow from 16.8 million in 2017 to 17.2 million by 2028. With the plethora of degree options, finding the right school for your academic interests and career goals can prove overwhelming.
This guide assists your search by detailing the 25 best colleges in Kentucky. The rankings below cover program offerings, financial aid availability, and student resources such as study abroad opportunities and career guidance. You will also learn about each college's general admissions criteria. If a school interests you, contact the relevant admissions specialists. These counselors can help you navigate the enrollment process and apply for scholarships and grants.
Top 10 Colleges in Kentucky
- Berea College - Berea, KY
- University of Louisville - Louisville, KY
- Asbury University - Wilmore, KY
- Simmons College of Kentucky - Louisville, KY
- Centre College - Danville, KY
- Northern Kentucky University - Highland Heights, KY
- Alice Lloyd College - Pippa Passes, KY
- University of Kentucky - Lexington, KY
- Midway University - Midway, KY
- Murray State University - Murray, KY
By attending a Kentucky college, you stand to benefit from the state's growing economy, particularly in the transportation, health services, and tourism and hospitality industries. The manufacturing sector is another major job provider, employing over 13% of the state's workforce in 2019. In addition to ample career opportunities, Kentucky boasts a relatively low cost of living. Even in metropolitan areas like Louisville, living expenses fall 8% below the national average.