Best Colleges in Utah
After deciding to attend college, the next step is choosing the right school to meet your needs. Utah's colleges and universities feature a variety of degree and vocational programs across its 24 public, private and private religious institutions. To assist you in this process, we have applied our rigorous methodology to the latest education data to rank the best colleges in Utah, including the top four-year and two-year schools.
Top 10 Colleges in Utah
- Brigham Young University - Provo, UT
- University of Utah - Salt Lake City, UT
- Western Governors University - Salt Lake City, UT
- Westminster College - Salt Lake City, UT
- Utah Valley University - Orem, UT
- Snow College - Ephraim, UT
- Utah State University - Logan, UT
- Weber State University - Ogden, UT
- Southern Utah University - Cedar City, UT
- Independence University - Salt Lake City, UT
As one of the most educated states in the nation, it's no surprise Utah is home to four-year institutions with great educational outcomes. Thanks to a statewide education initiative in 2014, Utah universities have put emphasis on expanding programs in areas with high earning potential (such as health, science and engineering), offering students a good return for their investment. The initiative also includes a comprehensive retention strategy, called Finish in Four, which creates a framework of community-based resources to help students reach their educational goals. Although a bachelor's can seem cost prohibitive, the Utah System of Higher Education incentivizes students with plateau tuition, providing a discount to students who commit to enroll full-time. Below is a list of the top schools to help you get started.